Thursday, April 6, 2017

A Wedding, A Flood, A Farewell Season.

Around here lately, it's been a time of joining together, banding together and a coming away as I prepare my Mother's heart to watch a Son march away.
First, a wedding.  Sam and Michaela wed in this lovely country setting last week.  I was dubious at first.  Mud and long grass with stockings and my best shoes didn't impress.  Once inside though, together with wonderful Christian fellowship and marriage vows of truth, grace and holiness - I was blessed.



The wedding was a girls' day out.  We picked Charlotte up from her apartment on the way.  Aren't they growing up!  What a privilege to raise these young women.


We had spent a good part of last week baking 150 quiches! for the wedding supper.


Budd is packing up his room and cleaning out his cupboards ready to go to Basic Training for the Australian Army this month.  We are having special moments this week unearthing old treasures of his like his archery set.  Watching him with his siblings during these last days is bitter sweet.


I'm going to miss seeing him in his room, at his desk.

I know it's an end but it's also a new beginning.  Whichever way I try to process it, I believe it's a journey only I can take and I must take.  God give me the grace one day at a time to go on this journey and to grow on it.



Ex Tropical Cyclone Debbie gave us a couple of wild days and nights.  We lost power overnight but surprise, surprise! a candle and a lamp and a mobile phone music app made for a night of cards and a family moment to remember.


Mathew spent one morning on the roof in torrential rain cleaning gutters while water poured down our library walls.  Amazing what a small matter of leaf mulch in the roof gutters will do.

How was your past week?

Many, O Lord my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Psalm 40:5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...