Thursday, March 2, 2017

Happy Birthday 21, A New Car and A Movie Date


21 years ago today I heard the words whispered in my ears whilst my eyes were still closed
that I had a Son.  I still remember my reaction.  I couldn't believe God would give me a "Son".  How amazing!


We named our first born Son after his Father, Mathew and then Joshua "God of Salvation".  We intended to call him Josh at home.  Mathew would be his name for official purposes and outside the home.


A Son who is a fantastic type of young man.  A friend to me now in his young adult years.  Someone who has my "back" and I have his.  Someone who makes me feel safe when other things around me are pretty difficult.


A godly young man who has never had the easy road through youth.  A heart as big as goliath and a brave young soul that keeps going.


He raced Lotus race cars around the track this past Sunday.  What a hoot!  Although I got nervous when he wanted to drive home ... hoping he wasn't envisaging using some new found race driving experiences ...




Dad had to work last night but we gathered for the family birthday dinner of his choice as is our family tradition.


A chocolate mud cake with profiteroles.  Always a favourite.


On Monday he picked up his first new car!  What was that noise?  It was Gran falling over.


I was so proud of how he negotiated and completed all the paperwork and official hurdles to purchase a new car.  I'm so happy for him.  The dealership had it veiled when we arrived and all joined in for a ceremony where he unveiled it himself.  Praise to God for the privilege of a beautiful and new car to drive.


Mathew and I spent Saturday afternoon at the movies in the city.  I don't remember the last movie I saw as a couple.  I don't like the previews for the movies I don't choose to see so I hopped out for that part.  We saw Hidden Figures.  What an inspiriting film.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.


We walked back from the movie and had a late lunch/early dinner down by the River.  It was perfect!  Eating dinner at 4 ish on a Saturday afternoon meant we had the restaurant pretty much to ourselves.  I kicked off my shoes and we took our good ol' time.  Eating, drinking and lots of talking - probably I talked mostly .. you know how that goes ..

Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Proverbs 16:19

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...