Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Walking My Faith



Today as my life blazes on before me, the clock ticks one second to the next, the cicadas sing outside
and the breeze blows through the family room windows.  I can hear the soft sounds of a child's mobile phone game come from the lounge during quiet time and the clicking of this keyboard is chiming in with my thoughts at this moment.  It's a warm, late Summer afternoon in Queensland.

As a happy Wife and Mother, as Diane, is my Lord with me?  Have I invited Him into my life today?  Have I confessed my sin to Him today afresh and asked Him to forgive me?

Let us draw near with a true heart.  Hebrews 10:22

My salvation isn't only valid for 24 hours!  It is eternal.  The Bible tells me that.  Yet, I want to keep short accounts with my God.

A Christian life is exciting.  It isn't one of being chained to "dogma" and rules and traditions.  Quite the opposite!  I am free of the weight of sin.  I am accepted by God through Jesus Christ.  My circumstances and daily debacles or triumphs are His hallowed ground for His good purposes.  In the words of one of my teens "sweet".


The Lord drew close to me.  He came to this world and lived as I do today and then died my death.  He will not be in any way impoverished if I am distant from Him; but I will be.  In His infinite mercy, grace, long suffering and patience, my great God bent down to me in the person of Christ.

God knows the only reality that can completely fulfill and satisfy me for always.  Himself.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in Thy presence is fullness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.  Psalm 16:11

Drawing near to God isn't a physical act.  It is an invisible act of the heart.  My heart.  Today, at this very moment.  It's never too late, it's never too soon.

My God has drawn near to me today.  What have I done for Him?  What is God's Will for me?  Who can know it?  His Will for me is to draw close to Him.  This is why Jesus Christ, God the Son, died for my sin - so I could indeed draw close to God.

So, it's done for me.  Mine is to reach out, simply, and accept Him, receive Him.

Will you come with me?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...