Tuesday, January 24, 2017

New Week, New Day, New Moment In Time. Just Start.

image courtesy rachelwojo.com

START WHERE YOU ARE:  A new day.  A new beginning.  God's grace is fresh and full again.
I've always remembered a line from Anne of Green Gables about a new day with "no mistakes in it".  How many times have I cheered myself up and my children after a long day or even a season in our home which was difficult with these words one fresh, new morning.

"It's a new day and there are no mistakes in it".  I can confess my sins to Him daily, keep short account with my God.  He is faithful to forgive those who love Him.

I acknowledge my sin unto Thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and Thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. 
Psalm 32:5

USE WHAT YOU HAVE:  I have faith.  Belief. Trust and strength.  I have wisdom and knowledge.  I have the life God has given me, the husband and family He has blessed me with.  May I be content to use what I have.  To not want more, to fail to use what I have.  Not to see the daisies at my feet!

Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things He hath done for you.
1 Samuel 12:24

DO WHAT YOU CAN:  What does the Lord require of me.  That I would do "what I can" and with what I have.  That I "do" and do it for His glory and good purposes.  Maybe not perfectly, maybe not even successfully always, but that I did do, "what I could".  That I discerned and acted wisely.

She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint My body to the burying.
Mark 14:8

This woman did all she knew how with what she had.  It wasn't to others' approval but Jesus was pleased.  He knew her heart and it was acceptable to Him.  Amen.  May I go and do the same.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...