Monday, January 16, 2017

Marriage. Forward Thinking.


Marriage.  Full steam ahead no turning from the wheel.
I'm writing this and scheduling the post for another 10 days' time.  Mathew and I are going grocery shopping this evening and plan to make it a date night afterward as well (I'd love to take a photo and tell all about it but we'll see).

Food shopping has always been the domain of Mathew.  In the early years or weeks actually, it was one of the small things that threatened to cause great problems in our marriage.  Wasn't I, as the new young wife, responsible for the grocery shopping and meal planning?  I didn't think that was a question.  Well it was, the shopping at least.

My point is grocery shopping and photo taking are two of the great differences between Mathew and I that do threaten to come between us .. if I let them.

Grocery shopping is a treat to me whether on my own or with someone else now.  The bulk of the job is my husband's and his alone and that's the way he wants it.  I can handle that.
I blog.  I write.  I adore taking photos of my family and myself and labeling them and posting them and editing them and enjoying them as screen savers on my computer and phone but not everyone else does.  I can handle that too.  If I choose.

Rather than looking for a way out, I look forward, I skip ahead, I keep my eyes on the prize, I insist on looking ahead and not back.  And, then guess what?  We make a date night of grocery shopping, we take a purposeful family photo and I'm sated.  I'm OK!

But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
1 Timothy 4:7
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...