Friday, January 6, 2017

Friends, Family, Furniture Hunting, Swimming and Hope. Around here 6.1.17


New Year's Day wasn't such a happy new years for me.  I needed to go to the sea.

 Sunday afternoon we packed our hats and sunscreen and little else and headed to the coast.  20 minutes later, just following our nose, we found this rocky outcrop.  I wasn't wearing a pirate hat, it's the wind in this photo.  It was blowing a stiff gale but I didn't care.  All my life I have loved looking out to the sea.  Wind or rain, it doesn't matter.

Can you tell I'm heart broken in this photo?  Didn't think so.  I love the sea and I love the sound and the smell.  I love how I can speak to God in my mind as I look out and somehow feel a clarity to what I want to say and hear the Holy Spirit in reply.

We have a prodigal child.  New Year's Day dawned with an "incident".  Maybe one day I'll post about it but not for now.


Several children came to the sea to make sure I was OK.  It was dear to see them want to come.  I didn't do anything other than sit on the rocks and look out.  Sad days but not bad days.  Joy always comes in the morning.

For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
Psalm 30:5


We have been swimming three times so far these holidays!  Yay!  It's always good.


Kate and Olga (the handbag duo) went to Ikea with Charlotte and Diane this past week to fit out Charlotte's new apartment.  We spent over three hours immersed in all that is so exciting about european apartment living that is "Ikea".  I'm fascinated with how they put things in small spaces.  It always invigorates me and gives me ideas for my home.


Christmas Day dawned wet and cold!  Brisbane was the coldest capital in Australia with a top of 23c!  Weeee.

Our family was on no less than three duty rosters for the morning church service .. it was going to be a big day then home for Christmas lunch for 10.  No problems ..
As the church service began, the congregation swelled to over 200 and kept coming in way through the first half hour.  There was not a spare seat and there was no one without a seat.  Sounds like God.
I kind of got all emotional as the crowd sang big and loud "hark the herald angels .." it was beautiful.  Grace.
Outside the rain fell in side way sheets like sleet.  As welcoming duty presented new and advanced displays of duty I was very aware of the privilege it is to be a part of this church.  His church.

Lunch was delicious.  Not sure if this year's menu was the way to go in as much as the easiness to prepare or I'm getting better at what I do or, .. the Lord gave grace.  Lunch was ready, the table was beautifully set by my sons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and  Gran and Pa had a happy time. 


Budd flew his drone for Pa and so did Phoebe.  Loads of laughter and one broken glass but it was good.


By the time I returned from taking Gran and Pa home .. the dishwasher was well underway, the table cleared and all was well!  You know that wonderful feeling when you have had fellowship and it was "good" and you come back home and feel like it is home.


Loved seeing the teens play and include Jedidiah (far left) in their outing recently.  That's true fellowship, all ages, all stages, all kinds.  Dear to me.


Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things He hath done for you.
1 Samuel 12:24
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...